The official website for the live-action television series adaptation of Yukari Takinami‘s Motokare Mania (Ex-Boyfriend Mania) manga revealed on Monday that Mandy Sekiguchi from the EXILE music group will star in the show as Tadafumi Shirai (character name romanization not official), Yurika’s timid and irresponsible colleague at the Chilorian real estate company.
The series will premiere on Fuji TV in October.
The previously revealed cast includes Yūko Araki (center in picture below) as Yurika Nanba (character name romanizations not official), Kengo Kora (right) as Makoto “Makochi” Saitō, and Kenta Hamano (left) as Fumio Yamashita.
Other cast members include (from left to right in image above, character name romanizations are not official):
- Shinya Kote as Ichirō Andō, the president of the Chilorian real estate company where Yurika and Saitō work
- Yamaguchi Sayaka as Sakura Marunouchi, the author of the novel that Yurika loves to read
- Minami Tanaka as Mugi “Mugi-chan” Kurusu, a radio personality at a Hokkaido community radio station
Other cast members include:
- Kanro Morita as Shō Ōzawa, a colleague of Yurika and Saitō
- Daichi as Kōji Arata, Sakura’s editor
- Toranosuke Katō as Takashi Masuda, the bartender of “Bar Nekome,” a bar that Yurika frequents
- Shōta Inoue as Yasushi Kondō, a part-time worker at “Bar Nekome”
- Yoshiko as Hiromi Suō, a manicurist
The manga centers on Yurika, whose thoughts keep drifting back to her ex-boyfriend “Makochi” Makoto — causing her current relationships to not go too well.
Takinami’s four-panel comedy manga Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan ran in Kodansha‘s Afternoon magazine from 2005 to 2014, and inspired a 2011 television anime. Most recently, the manga inspired another television anime that premiered on January 8 and featured a different director and voice actress for the main character in every episode.